“I have the audacity to believe that people everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for the minds and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.,
Tag Archives: Martin Luther King
- War is the greatest plague that can afflict humanity, it destroys religion, it destroys states, it destroys families. Any scourge is preferable to it.
- All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
- An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
- We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings.
- Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active – not more happy – nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago.
Edgar Allan Poe