* Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn’t have it in the beginning.
* You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
* The more I read, the more I meditate; and the more I acquire, the more I am enabled to affirm that I know nothing
* Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
* There is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man.
* Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence
* Anyone can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way – that is not within everyone’s power and that is not easy.
* A friend to all is a friend to none.